Dr. Jasmine Elmore rejoins Hallie on the podcast almost two years after their first episode together! During this time, Jasmine has been on a journey of discovery as shared during this episode with the recent launch of her SOMA-focused practice. SOMA stands for Splint Orthopedic Myofunctional Appliance (“SOMA”) and is a dental appliance with its own unique system of adjustments and protocols. It aims to help with the TMJ, musculature, and airway.
Hallie and Jasmine deep dive into the full body benefits of the SOMA and other integrated therapies as this holistic approach to optimal health aims to balance the body and calm the nervous system. This jam-packed episode also covers a patient-centered approach and key factors to consider when looking to increase your professional skillset (and more)!
Hallie is running a FREE 5-Day Training May 1-5, 2023. OTs & SLPs – join Hallie to screen your first pediatric feeding patient. She will supply the patients and the screening form, you just need to show up (all online)! Join for free here: www.feedthepeds.com/training
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Career Transformation and “Failures” The Pave The Way
- The Long Road to Understanding The Soma Appliance Created By Dr. Joseph Da Cruz
- Balancing the Body and Calming the Nervous System: The Impact of Soma Appliances on Psychological Well-Being
- Integrating Traditional and Holistic Medicine for Better Health Outcomes
- How to Stay on the Path to Health and Wellness
- A Journey of Discovering True Self: From Warrior to Gardener
- Finding the Holistic Treatment Pathway: Listening to the Patient, Meeting Them Where They Are and Learning Together
- Unlocking the Ultimate Knowledge and Skillset [Feed The Peds®; The Soma Appliance]
- The Art and Science of Muscle-Informed Exercise for Treating Patients
- Putting the Patient First: Elevating Your Skillset, Identity, and Mentorship
- Lasting Relief and Improvement with SOMA
- The Struggle to Talk About the Quiet Genius: How Our Bodies Respond to Everyday Life.
- Dental Distress Syndrome: Impact on Body Functioning; Understanding the Impact on Homeostasis and Neurology
- Expectation, Positive Thinking & Arming Yourself With Education: The Key to Finding Your Ideal Therapy Plan and Health Goals
Join my Free Training Next Week: https://www.feedthepeds.com/training (May 1-5, 2023)
Connect with Jasmine on Instagram
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!
Articles/Books Mentioned In This Episode: