Want to know what it really takes to work in an interdisciplinary neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)? In today’s episode, Jackee joins Hallie to share how she and some of her colleagues have created this in their hospital NICU.
After experiencing a NICU stay with her first child, Jackee made it her mission to change the support, education, and experience for families of babies in the NICU. She discusses how her interdisciplinary team supports the family unit so that they can receive the best care while in the NICU and are as prepared as they can be to transition from the NICU to their home once discharged.
This is truly an inspiring episode and an approach that should exist in NICU’s across the country!!
Hallie is running a FREE 5 Day Training May 1-5, 2023. OTs & SLPs – join Hallie to screen your first pediatric feeding patient. She will supply the patients and the screening form, you just need to show up (all online)! Join for free here: https://www.feedthepeds.com/training
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Getting Started in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): A Therapist’s Perspective
- The Benefits of Interdisciplinary Care for Feeding Challenges in the NICU
- Navigating the Transition from NICU to Home: Jackee & Her Son’s Feeding Journey
- The Struggle of Transitioning from the NICU to Home and the Fear of Feeding
- The Difference Between Breastfeeding in the U.S. and Other Cultures
- Benefiting from Extended Breastfeeding and Working Through Feeding Difficulties as a Parent
- Finding Feeding Solutions for Pediatric Patients
- ‘Creating a Village for NICU Babies: The Power of Re-Education and Support
- Better Together: Improving the NICU Experience Through Collaboration
- The Need For More Education for Medical Providers Impacting Pediatric Care
- Tongue Tie Release in the NICU – A Different Experience
- Advancing Care for Nursing Mothers and Babies Through Jackee’s Private Practice https://www.nurturemomandme.com/
Join my Free Training This Week: https://www.feedthepeds.com/training (only available until May 7th at 1pm ET)
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!