Join Hallie in this week’s episode as she sits down with Dr. Melyssa Hancock, double board-certified Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon in Boca Raton, FL. Dr. Hancock is a specialist practicing full spectrum facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, with emphasis on rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty, as well as facial rejuvenation procedures and skin cancer reconstruction.
The conversation covers everything you need to know about the importance of nasal breathing for overall health and the functional and aesthetic aspects of the total nose approach.
You’ll also hear them talk about the process of rhinoplasty, and various tips to successfully navigate healthcare and ensure an optimal recovery from facial plastic surgery. Hallie emphasizes the importance of finding an ENT you can trust and properly researching and understanding the risks and expectations of the procedure.
This episode is 100% informative and fun.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- The Benefits of Nasal Breathing for Quality of Life
- Functional and Aesthetic Approaches to Nasal Breathing
- The Impact of Long-term Mouth Breathing
- The Importance of Thorough Pre-Op Prep and Post-Op Care for Surgery Patients
- The Challenges of Navigating Health Care
- Managing Discomfort After Rhinoplasty: Understanding Pain Tolerance Differences
- Identifying the Impact of Rhinoplasty on Functional Breathing Issues
- Finding the Right Facial Plastic Surgeon and/or ENT to Achieve the Best of Both Worlds
- The Reality of Social Media and Cosmetic Surgery
- Understanding the Benefits of Nasal Rinses (e.g., saltwater rinses) and Sprays for Improved Nasal Breathing & Respiratory Health
Want to learn more about myofunctional therapy? Check out The Myo Method® here: TheMyoMethod.com
And download a Free F.A.S.T. Myo Screening Tool Here: https://www.fastmyoscreening.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!