In this week’s episode, join Hallie as she has a heartfelt conversation with Casey Masalehdani, a mom, private practice owner, Speech Language Pathologist, Feeding Therapist, and Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist.
Together, they delve deep into their personal journeys as SLP moms, shedding light on infant feeding issues faced by moms, tongue and lip ties, the difference between motor speech and oral motor disorders, neurodivergence in children and adults (Hallie and Casey are neurodivergent adults living with ADHD), and SO much more.
Don’t miss out on this enlightening episode that challenges societal norms, embraces diversity, and empowers both professionals and parents alike.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Casey’s SLP journey
- Discussing Pediatric Feeding Issues with Pediatricians
- Facing the Struggles and Realities of Tongue and Lip Ties
- The Challenges of New Motherhood
- Understanding Unique Experiences with ADHD
- Mental Health and Moms of Infants
- Connecting With the Human: Understanding the Difference Between Motor Speech and Oral Motor Disorders
- Diagnosing and Treating Developmental Delays Through Early Intervention
- Overcoming Struggles and Increasing Self-Esteem with Neurodivergence
- Exploring What It Takes to Be Successful: Breaking Cycles and Finding What Makes You Happy
- Moving From Surviving to Thriving: The Benefits of a Holistic Approach to Speech Therapy
- Ending the Non-Evidence Based Therapy Debate in the Field of Speech Language Pathology
- De-Stigmatizing Oral Motor Tools in SLP
- Embracing Strengths and Stopping Social Media Gaslighting: How SLPs Can Do Better
Join The Myo Membership® waitlist to get notified when doors open (hint: they open July 17th!): themyomembership.com
And download a Free F.A.S.T. Myo Screening Packet Here: FastMyoScreening.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!