In this week’s episode, Hallie sits down with Olivia Edmondson, a wife, mom, and pediatric occupational therapist specializing in infant and toddler feeding and development. They talk about Olivia’s inspiring journey to becoming a pediatric feeding therapist and how she continues to improve and evolve through continuous education with pediatric feeding and myofunctional therapy training.
Their conversation covers how she revamped a feeding program at a prior job, how she saw TOTS with new eyes, how she started her own private practice and the valuable lessons she learned in collaborating and building a referral network.
Together, they talk about their experiences as moms and their daughter’s TOTS/Myo/Airway Journeys.
Join us in this fun and inspiring episode!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Olivia’s pediatric feeding journey from Inspiration to career choice
- Launching a private practice
- The Role of an SLP and OT for the pediatric patients
- Comprehensive evaluations as a necessary tool for feeding challenges
- Importance of building a network
- How building a network leads to better support and relief to families
- The never-ending journey of Myofunctional Therapy
- Finding the balance: a parent’s experiences with Myofunctional Therapy
- Understanding the art and science of medical treatment for children
- The benefits of a holistic approach to pediatric treatment
- Lifelong learning in Pediatirc Feeding and Myofunctional Therapy
Join Feed The Peds® waitlist to get notified when doors open: https://www.feedthepeds.com/
And download a Free Pediatric Feeding Screening Packet Here: https://www.feedthepeds.com/Pediatric-Feeding-Screening-Packet
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!