Today’s podcast features Anna Dearman, an occupational therapist and a certified lactation counselor who is passionate about providing the utmost quality feeding care in her area through her own private practice, Prosper Therapy and Feeding Solutions.
In this episode, join Hallie and Anna as they talk about the role of occupational therapists in addressing tethered oral tissues and myofunctional therapy.
Tune in as they touch on topics like challenges when working with younger patients, collaboration with other professionals, issues of credential misrepresentation and unethical behavior in the field, the need for ethical practices, reimbursements, and more!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Anna’s Journey To Becoming An Occupational Therapist
- Empowering Breastfeeding Outcomes Through Therapy and Body Work in a Small Rural Community
- The Role of Occupational Therapists in treating Tethered Oral Tissues
- OTs and Their Role in Myofunctional Therapy
- Scope of Practice Restrictions & Working with Younger Patients
- Misrepresentation of Credentials and Harmful Behavior Towards Patients: A Call for SLPs and OTs to Advocate Together
- Preparation Before Going for a Release To Avoid Worsening Symptoms Post-procedure
- Collaborating to Improve Outcomes for Infants
- Understanding The Impact of Healthcare Reimbursement [or lack thereof]
- Advocating for Occupational Therapy and Reimbursement Rates
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!