On this episode of The Untethered Podcast, Hallie welcomes Dr. Emily Heisey and Dr. Matt Otteman, the power duo behind KinActive Kids – a globally renowned pediatric intensive clinic that combines physical therapy and chiropractic care to help children reach developmental milestones.
Tune in as they have an insightful conversation about gross motor development, KinActive Kids’ mission to support parents of children with delayed gross motor development and purposeful play as a way to support a child’s development.
In this episode, learn about the importance of collaboration between physical therapy, chiropractic care, and other therapies for comprehensive support, and more!
If this episode has resonated with you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening, post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag Hallie @halliebulkin, Dr. Emily @kinactive_kids, and Dr. Matt @dr_otto_dc
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Dr. Emily’s journey with her daughter Heidi and her reflux and delayed gross motor development
- KinActive Kids and their mission to support parents of children with delayed gross motor development
- KinActive Kids’ intensive program and assisting children through virtual and in-person sessions
- Dr. Matt’s passion for pediatric chiropractic and how he brings this to KinActive Kids
- Purposeful play as a way to support a child’s development
- Launch of KinActive University to equip therapists with knowledge and skills to work with children
- Understanding typical and atypical development and the importance of foundational skills
- Collaboration between physical therapy, chiropractic care, and other therapies for comprehensive support
- Feeding issues and the role of posture and muscle control
- Importance of early intervention, collaboration, and proactive support for children’s development
- Holistic approach to pediatric care and tailoring treatment plans to meet specific goals and concerns
FREE TRAINING ALERT!!! www.feedthepeds.com/training
Pediatric feeding screenings are critical! All pediatric SLPs & OTs should know how to screen, even if you don’t work in ped feeding!
If a child has a speech sound disorder and/or sensory feeding challenges there’s likely an oral motor deficit at play. We need to screen all of our pediatric patients to know if further evaluation is needed. Afterall, if additional services are needed, it’s our job to provide them and help our littlest patients function optimally!
If you’re an SLP or OT (students welcome, too!), join Hallie and thousands of your SLP & OT colleagues for a FREE 5-day training and screen your first pediatric feeding patient. Over 20,348+ SLPs & OTs have already completed this free training. Now it’s YOUR TURN!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Free training January 22-26, 2024: Hallie will bring the patients!
- 5 Hours on a certificate of completion to count toward your renewal hours.
- Opportunity to earn 1 of 5 Full Scholarships [2 needs based] to the 12-week Feed The Peds® course
- A free pediatric feeding screening packet.
Inside the free screening packet, you’ll find:
- A pediatric development chart from birth to 36 months of age
- A checklist with the 50 most common symptoms
- A chart to easily organize findings & determine if further assessment is needed
- A referral form to easily refer patients to other specialists, when needed
Doors to Feed The Peds® [the 12-week course] will be open
January 29 – February 2, 2024!
Bonus: enroll in the 12 week course and you’ll get the 5 hours from the free training for official ASHA and AOTA CEUs!
Join Hallie for the FREE 5-Day Training January 22-26, 2024 and get 5 hours on a certificate of completion:: feedthepeds.com/training
Download your Free Screening Packet here: pedfeedingscreening.com
Doors To Feed The Peds® open January 29th to February 2nd, 2024!
Join the waitlist here: feedthepeds.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!