In this week’s episode, Hallie is joined by Marissa Douglas, a certified Speech-Language Pathologist, owner of a private practice, and one of the original participants in the Feed The Peds® course back in 2020.
Listen in as Hallie and Marissa discuss Marissa’s journey in pediatric feeding and the significant impact Feed The Peds® has had on her role as a therapist and a private practice owner.
Discover why Marissa opted for FTP®, how it elevated her skills, and why she wholeheartedly recommends it to fellow therapists and business owners. The conversation also covers the dynamic learning experience and emphasizes how the course continues to play a crucial role in Marissa’s daily professional practice.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Marissa’s pediatric feeding journey
- How the Feed The Peds® course helped Marissa
- Reasons why Marissa recommends it to experienced therapists and business owners
- Comprehensive coverage of pediatric feeding therapy
- Importance of collaboration between SLPs and OTs in feeding therapy
- Value of case studies in learning and application
- Evolution of critical thinking and questioning in the course
- Structure and comprehensiveness of the course
- Value of the FTP® alumni group for networking and consultation
- How the alumni group helps to find therapists in other states
FREE TRAINING ALERT!!! www.feedthepeds.com/training
Pediatric feeding screenings are critical! All pediatric SLPs & OTs should know how to screen, even if you don’t work in ped feeding!
If a child has a speech sound disorder and/or sensory feeding challenges there’s likely an oral motor deficit at play. We need to screen all of our pediatric patients to know if further evaluation is needed. Afterall, if additional services are needed, it’s our job to provide them and help our littlest patients function optimally!
If you’re an SLP or OT (students welcome, too!), join Hallie and thousands of your SLP & OT colleagues for a FREE 5-day training and screen your first pediatric feeding patient. Over 20,348+ SLPs & OTs have already completed this free training. Now it’s YOUR TURN!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Free training January 22-26, 2024: Hallie will bring the patients!
- 5 Hours on a certificate of completion to count toward your renewal hours.
- Opportunity to earn 1 of 5 Full Scholarships [2 needs based] to the 12-week Feed The Peds® course
- A free pediatric feeding screening packet.
Inside the free screening packet, you’ll find:
- A pediatric development chart from birth to 36 months of age
- A checklist with the 50 most common symptoms
- A chart to easily organize findings & determine if further assessment is needed
- A referral form to easily refer patients to other specialists, when needed
Doors to Feed The Peds® [the 12-week course] will be open
January 29 – February 2, 2024!
Bonus: enroll in the 12 week course and you’ll get the 5 hours from the free training for official ASHA and AOTA CEUs!
Join Hallie for the FREE 5-Day Training January 22-26, 2024 and get 5 hours on a certificate of completion:: feedthepeds.com/training
Download your Free Screening Packet here: pedfeedingscreening.com
Doors To Feed The Peds® open January 29th to February 2nd, 2024!
Join the waitlist here: feedthepeds.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!