In this week’s episode, Hallie chats with Dr. Annie, who is passionate about airway-focused dentistry – an approach that places an emphasis on improving a patient’s airway and breathing. She shares how her own experience with breathing issues led her to discover the importance of airway-focused dentistry which allowed her to become a better practitioner.
Dr. Annie also talks about how she and her colleagues at Braces for All Ages use myofunctional therapy and a holistic, collaborative approach to care for patients whether they need myo, a frenectomy and/or airway expansion. She shares how they work closely with other providers in their community to help patients get the best results for their current and future health.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Practicing Airway Focused Dentistry
- Building a Holistic Approach to Growing Airway and Palate for Better Health
- Combining Specialties for Optimal Healthcare Results
- Preparing for Lip Release: Pre-Operative Steps and Myofunctional Therapy
- A Lightbulb Moment: Exploring Jaw Misalignment and Tongue Ties
- Uncovering the Role of the Tongue in Facial Development and Speech Therapy
- Addressing Tongue Restriction to Improve Speech: A Unique Case Study
- The Impact of Tongue Ties: How Treating a Common Condition Can Transform Lives
- Collaborative Care: Putting the Child First to Make Life-Changing Results
- The Benefits of Building a Wider Care Team for Upper Airway Issues
- The Benefits of Pursuing A Holistic Approach to Healthcare: A Journey of Learning and Passion
Want to learn more about myofunctional therapy? Check out The Myo Method here: TheMyoMethod.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!