Join Hallie this week as she delves into five essential takeaways for addressing feeding difficulties in children.
In this informative podcast, Hallie explores the underlying causes of picky eating, providing you with a thoughtful and patient approach to tackle this issue. She discusses assessing a child’s functional, sensory, and motor skills, to gain valuable insights into their feeding challenges. Moreover, Hallie emphasizes the significance of trust-building and creating a positive mealtime environment for every child.
She also sheds light on the necessity of a functional feeding evaluation. This is a discussion topic not to be ignored!
If this episode has resonated with you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening, post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag Hallie @halliebulkin
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Functional Assessment for Pediatric Feeding Assessments
- Assessing Pediatric Feeding Disorders: Finding Grace During the Process
- Gaining Trust and Building Rapport In Feeding Assessments & Treatment
- Signs and Symptoms That Signal Need for a Functional Feeding Evaluation
FREE TRAINING ALERT!!!
Pediatric feeding screenings are critical! All pediatric SLPs & OTs should know how to screen, even if you don’t work in ped feeding!
If a child has a speech sound disorder and/or sensory feeding challenges there’s likely an oral motor deficit at play. We need to screen all of our pediatric patients to know if further evaluation is needed. After all, if additional services are needed, it’s our job to provide them and help our littlest patients function optimally!
If you’re an SLP or OT (students welcome, too!), join Hallie and thousands of your SLP & OT colleagues for a FREE 5-day training and screen your first pediatric feeding patient. Over 18,113+ SLPs & OTs have already completed this free training. Now it’s YOUR TURN!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Free training August 21-25, 2023: Hallie will bring the patients!
- 5 Hours on a certificate of completion to count toward your renewal hours.
- Opportunity to earn 1 of 5 Full Scholarships [2 needs based] to the 12-week Feed The Peds® course
- A free pediatric feeding screening packet.
Inside the free screening packet, you’ll find:
- A pediatric development chart from birth to 36 months of age
- A checklist with the 50 most common symptoms
- A chart to easily organize findings & determine if further assessment is needed
- A referral form to easily refer patients to other specialists, when needed
Doors to Feed The Peds® [the 12-week course] will be open August 28th-September 1, 2023!
Bonus: enroll in the 12 week course and you’ll get the 5 hours from the free training for official ASHA and AOTA CEUs!
- Join the FREE 5-Day Training (August 21-25, 2023): feedthepeds.com/training
- Download your Free Screening Packet here: pedfeedingscreening.com
- Doors To Feed The Peds® open for the last time this year August 28th-Sept 1, 2023. Last time to join us in 2023! Join the waitlist here: feedthepeds.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!