This week, Cheryl Pelletier, a feeding-swallowing specialist, owner of Gnosh, Inc., and creator of the Side Biter tool, joins Hallie to discuss feeding , swallowing and Cheryl’s invention, the Side Biter. The Side Biter is an innovative, mouth-safe, chewing and swallowing system designed for people over age 2 with physical, neurological, oral motor, sensory food aversions, feeding, or swallowing impairments.
In this episode, you’ll hear Cheryl discuss her path to specializing in feeding and swallowing with children and adults with developmental challenges, as well as the rationale behind developing the Side Biter.
Cheryl also shares the benefits of the Side Biter tool, the process of inventing and patenting a tool to encourage other therapists to make an impact on the field, and MORE!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Cheryl’s Feeding and Swallowing Specialization Pathway
- Getting Creative with Oral Motor Therapy: Side Biting, Pea Crispies, and More!
- Exploring Food Tools for Feeding Therapy Across the Lifespan
- The Benefits of the Side Biter Tool
- Creating a Therapeutic Chewing and Swallowing Tool
- How to Introduce New Foods to Children
- The Possibilities of a Feeding Therapy Tool for Nonverbal Patients
You can also find her at ASHA Booth 1258, Demonstration Station on Friday at 11:45 AM ET
Use discount code FTP20 to get 20% off on Side Biter tools
Join The Myo Membership® waitlist to get notified when doors open (hint: they open November 20th!): themyomembership.com
And download a Free F.A.S.T. Myo Screening Packet Here: FastMyoScreening.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!