This week on The Untethered Podcast, Hallie features Melanie Peacock Shell, a seasoned Speech-Language Pathologist with over 40 years of experience and an FTP® Alumna. Melanie has worked extensively with children in schools, private practices, early intervention programs, and hospitals and specializes in assisting children with feeding, swallowing, sensory communication, and Autism.
Listen in as they discuss Melanie’s journey into pediatric feeding therapy, the importance of understanding normal child development in treating feeding disorders, and the significant role of sensory levels in working with children with autism.
Hallie and Melanie also explore the advantages of using intake forms, highlight the value of the alumni group for mentorship and collaboration, and more!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Melanie’s journey into the field of pediatric feeding therapy
- Lack of online resources for feeding therapy in the past
- Melanie’s experience working in different settings
- Discovery of the Feed The Peds® program in 2020
- Importance of understanding normal development in treating feeding disorders
- The Sensory System & it’s role when working with children with Autism
- Benefits of intake forms provided by the FTP® course
- Value of the alumni group for mentorship and collaboration
- Opportunities provided by the course including scholarship(s)
- How Melanie obtained a continuing education grant
- Exponential impact of confident SLPs and OTs in feeding therapy
FREE TRAINING STARTS TODAY!!! www.feedthepeds.com/training
PLUS…FEED THE PEDS® SCHOLARSHIP ALERT! $1997 value! Follow me on Instagram @halliebulkin to find out how to join!
Pediatric feeding screenings are critical! All pediatric SLPs & OTs should know how to screen, even if you don’t work in ped feeding!
If a child has a speech sound disorder and/or sensory feeding challenges there’s likely an oral motor deficit at play. We need to screen all of our pediatric patients to know if further evaluation is needed. Afterall, if additional services are needed, it’s our job to provide them and help our littlest patients function optimally!
If you’re an SLP or OT (students welcome, too!), join Hallie and thousands of your SLP & OT colleagues for a FREE 5-day training and screen your first pediatric feeding patient. Over 20,348+ SLPs & OTs have already completed this free training. Now it’s YOUR TURN!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Free training January 22-26, 2024: Hallie will bring the patients!
- 5 Hours on a certificate of completion to count toward your renewal hours.
- Opportunity to earn 1 of 5 Full Scholarships [2 needs based] to the 12-week Feed The Peds® course
- A free pediatric feeding screening packet.
Inside the free screening packet, you’ll find:
- A pediatric development chart from birth to 36 months of age
- A checklist with the 50 most common symptoms
- A chart to easily organize findings & determine if further assessment is needed
- A referral form to easily refer patients to other specialists, when needed
Doors to Feed The Peds® [the 12-week course] will be open
January 29 – February 2, 2024!
Bonus: enroll in the 12 week course and you’ll get the 5 hours from the free training for official ASHA and AOTA CEUs!
Join the FREE Training (starts TODAY) January 22-26, 2024 & enter to earn a FULL SCHOLARSHIP this week!
Download your Free Screening Packet here: pedfeedingscreening.com
Doors To Feed The Peds® open January 29th to February 2nd, 2024!
Join the waitlist here: feedthepeds.com
Haven’t left a review yet? Click here and thank you, as always, for being a listener!